Signet Inks and LePage Glue
Old Ink Bottle Companies & Their History
The Russian Cement company was the owner of the signet ink name and the LePage's Glue brand. Signet Inks came on the market in 1913. The formula for LePage's Glue dates into the 1880s.
P.D. Harrison was sales manager of the Russian Cement company and under his leadership, he greatly expanded the market for Signet inks by making the jobbers the marketers at a time when most ink manufacturers were selling directly to the retailer. For two years, they canvassed the stationers and decided to offer the jobbers "a carload discount". With the help of the company's 900 or so salesmen, the push resulted in a great demand for the ink.
DIGGER ODELL'S INK BOTTLE PRICE GUIDE
2008 EDITION $35.00